[Maxima] Management Model for Open Source Software Developement Projects
robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:39:06 CST 2009
On 1/2/09, ahmet alper parker <aaparker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to ask you that is there a management model (schedule, plan,
> responsible people etc.) in the development phase of maxima?
Well, the Maxima development process, to the extent that there is any,
is the following.
* There are 3 releases per year, April, August, and December.
* Project administrators manage the releases and machinery such
as the project web site and mailing list, but do not set goals for the
project or oversee developers.
* Ideas about what to do are often floated on the mailing list.
* Developers work on stuff as their time, interests, and expertise permit.
* Whether or not something gets done is largely a function of whether
anybody wants to do it, and whether there is any active opposition to it.
This is just a description of the current state of affairs.
For my part, I'm not inclined to change it.
More information about the Maxima